Tuesday, April 3, 2012

COCONUT MILK DAYDREAMS

Coconut milk should taste good, actually, very good. That’s what my mind tells me. My taste buds yell ‘Yuck’.  Then my mind whispers ‘It’s so healthy and nutritious’.
After a glass or two, the coconut milk carton used to sit in the refrigerator untouched again for weeks.  (There are versions that don't need refrigeration.)
COCONUT CULINARY LEGACY
I wish that coconut milk could live-up to my memories of coconut cakes, brownies topped with coconut and pink coconut bon bons.  Those are memories of coconut mixed with 2 or 3 cups of sugar, a lot of white sugar.
That’s the culinary legacy of growing-up in a temperate, non-tropical part of the globe: dried-up, sweetened coconut instead of fresh copra.

I didn't grow-up drinking coconut water or cooking with coconut oil.

SIMPLE REFRESHING COCO MILK
So, until I can wean my taste buds off of sugared coconut, I have to take the path of least resistance to the benefits.  Leaving the rum for later, I simply mix a shot of pineapple juice with a glass of coconut milk and then drink my favorite memory of coconut:  Pina colada.

So now, I stock-up on coconut milk, at the drop of a hat, anytime I see it.

OBTAIN MORE INFORMATION

Coconut Research Center:  http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment