Friday, February 1, 2013

THE BEST COCONUT CANDY FOR VALENTINE'S DAY GIFTS


Coconut truffle candy for Valentine's Day
Eat Coconut Truffles when you can't get Haystacks


Guess what's my favorite coconut candy?  Answer:  All of it!  And I don't wait  to be given a Valentine's Day gift to eat a tasty coconut treat. 

The best coconut candy I ever tasted was Marshall Field's CHOCOLATE COCONUT HAYSTACKS.  This candy was a very rough mixture of sumptuous milk chocolate and moist coconut flakes,  nearly the size of golf balls.

In a previous post, I said that the haystacks were the size of baseballs. Sorry, I got carried away by my imagination and fond memories. 

Marshall Field's department store has been closed for over a decade. I won't ever forget the awesome flavor of their candy.

The coconut lover in your life would more than appreciate full-flavored, artisan crafted coconut haystack candy for a  Valentine's Day gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment