I won’t be posting any “before” pictures, but after years of not using sunscreen, I now have achieved a more even colored skin tone with fewer spots and discolored areas.
I use coconut oil for sunscreen and commercial sunscreen products with low SPF ratings.
I also make an effort to avoid foods and vices I know are bad for my skin.
- I’m a recovering chocaholic. Chocolate is so sumptuous but after eating it for years I just realized that it makes my skin extremely flaky almost like sand paper.
- I know the warnings about smoking.
- Soda pop especially colas enlarge my pores, so instead I drink more coconut water. Weight loss is important because gaining pounds from sugar and sweeteners may contribute to skin tags according to my physician.
- I only have an alcoholic drink once a month.
- Heavy, meaty meals blot my body and my face.
OK I’m a bad girl. So now I use some form of sun protection daily.
I believe that I get better skin tone by using coconut oil for sunscreen.
Pat Thomas for Coco Mojo until next time…