Here are 5 quick ways to use coconut oil with perfume:
- One or 2 drops of coconut oil will enable perfume to last longer on dry skin without affecting the perfume’s fragrance. Massage the oil into your wrists then spritz your perfume. One drop of oil is usually enough.
- Two or 3 drops of coconut oil will soften a perfume aroma that’s just too strong.
- Three or 4 drops of coconut oil will dilute an over sprayed perfume.
- Add perfume to ¼ to ½ a cup of coconut oil in a small Egyptian bottle to make a DIY long lasting perfume oil. Spritz the bottle’s glass dabber with pure parfum then insert the dabber into the bottle of oil. Gently shake the mixture before dabbing onto your pulse points.
- Use 2 teaspoons of coconut oil to cleanse away bad smelling perfume, even overpowering white musk fragrances. Wipe the area with the oil on a cotton ball then cleanse again with soap and water.
WHY USE COCONUT OIL WITH PERFUME
There are 2 reasons why I use softly scented coconut oil with perfume instead of other aromatherapy carrier oils like sweet almond oil, apricot seed oil or olive oil:
- Some carrier oils have minute amounts of naturally occurring harmful substances.
- Other carrier oils have their own strong aromas which would affect the fragrance.
I still use these oils for aromatherapy and massage, I just do not use them with perfume.
Pat Thomas for THE COCONUT LOVERS MOJO until next time…