Thursday, June 20, 2013

Taste-Test Of Fruit Infuser Lemon Water

The lemon drink I made with my new fruit infuser pitcher has a liqueur-like refreshing flavor. The infuser pleasantly flavored the water: The lemon drink was not tart or sour like lemonade made with juiced lemons. My next homemade beverage try will be coconut water flavored with fresh mangoes.

Lemon Water Fruit Infuser Recipe

For the lemon beverage I added a couple of chopped spearmint leaves in the pitcher’s core along with sliced lemons. First, I washed the lemons to remove any petroleum-based coating. Next, I added ¾ cup of sugar to 4 cups of water in the pitcher. 
Then, I put the jug in the refrigerator and let it sit overnight while the fruit and herb flavors were infused into the water.

The result was exotically flavored water, slightly sweet with the very refreshing taste of lemons.

No More Wasted Fruit – More Flavors To Be Made

I’m in nooooo hurry to make the mango coconut water. I can wait until we finish-up the lemon water. The fruit infuser pitcher makes a huge, tasty difference.
The $30 I paid for the fruit infuser will be paid back numerous times. Hopefully, I will be able to reduce wasted fruit and money with my new infuser. 

I always have oranges on hand.  And, usually, I have about ½ a watermelon left-over. I also always have more than enough granny smith apples in my refrigerator’s crisper.  
 But next, I’ll slice up those mangoes.  For once, I hope to be able to get out ALL of the sweetness trapped around the mango pits.  I hope that my homemade mango coconut water will be tasty. I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment