Tuesday, September 18, 2012

GREENS AND EGGS

Have you tried salad greens for breakfast? Well, they provide a surprisingly large storehouse of energy to get through the day. 
I originally read about the salad for breakfast tip in Chris McDougall’s bestselling book, Born to Run.  Eating a salad for breakfast is a winning start to the day.


TRADITIONAL BREAKFAST FOODS

I actually favor eating more traditional breakfast foods like sausage with eggs at least 2 times per week.  But lately the breakfast sausage brands I have been buying leave a lot to desire.  The meat blend is bland tasting, has too few spices and too much salt.

So, I have improvised by using uncured luncheon meat instead of breakfast sausage.


EGGS COOKED IN COCONUT OIL

I fry the eggs and luncheon meat in 1 or 2 tablespoons of Coconut oil. And in a few minutes I have enough protein to carry me through the day until dinner.
I often fry the eggs instead of boiling them because the fried eggs keep away midday hunger feelings better and I get my daily quotient of Coconut oil benefits.
Pat Thomas for The Coconut Lovers Mojo until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment