The Body Shop’s “Coconut Body Butter” and Perlier’s “Ultra-Revitalizing Body Butter with Coconut Milk” both make a good change of pace from straight coconut oil for moisturizing.
Let’s look at the performance of all three products:
- Coconut oil is faster absorbing than either cream from The Body Shop or Perlier.
- Perlier’s formula includes Shea butter and coconut oil. It is a thick cream that’s ultra moisturizing, great for daytime long-lasting protection of my skin in winter.
- The Body Shop’s body butter includes Brazil nut oil, cocoa butter, glycerin and coconut oil. It’s lightweight and leaves a delicate, soft shimmer. It’s an excellent hot weather body cream.
- Coconut oil is the best overnight moisturizer. In summer and winter my skin is soft and dewy in the morning. The oil absorbs fast into my skin and the aroma is highly relaxing at bedtime.
- Coconut oil can be hard to extract from a jar in a cool bathroom during winter. In the summer, it can be messy to handle in the liquid state.
- Whiteners are in both of the body butters which can obscure skin tone. Coconut oil leaves the ultimate sheen and glint on my skin.
- Coconut oil is multi-purpose. I can use it for my skin, my hair or in cooked dishes. The body creams are only for skin.
Pat Thomas for THE COCONUT LOVERS MOJO until next time…