Micronutrients in spices enhance my well-being and overall vigor. At the same time, spices minimize the need to use more salt and sugar to flavor foods.
Spice mixes are more convenient and easier for me to get to the good eating part. Nowadays, the blends are more authentically flavored than in the past.
SAMPLE Ethnic Blends include:
- French Herbs de Provence-great for beef and pork dishes
- Thai Spice Mix-excellent with shrimps
- Moroccan Spice medley-great to season rustic breads
- Italian Spice Blends-a pasta tradition
- Jerk Chicken Spices-great for the best chicken ever
Some American mixes include:
- New Orleans Gumbo Mix-try this with beans
- Pumpkin Pie Mix-great with fruit or chocolate
- Seafood spices bags-a necessity for crab and lobster
- Lemon pepper mix-blends with everything
SPICE MIXES FOR QUICK, EASY FLAVOR
The above are just some very basic blends that are generally available everywhere. The good thing about these basics is that they can flavor a wide variety of dishes.
For example, Pumpkin Pie Mix can be used to flavor everything from morning oatmeal, a sweet potato casserole for lunch and apple pie for dessert after dinner. Lemon pepper can be used in dressing on green salads and to flavor baked chicken.
The key is to experiment 2 or 3 times weekly for literally more spice in your life.
Pat Thomas for THE COCONUT LOVERS MOJO until next time…