Here are 5 ways for you to get phenomenal hair with coconut oil remedies for a common hair condition that I found out firsthand comes along with aging: Unruly hair.
My hair can get a mind of its own seemingly, very dry, not supple and not very touchable. This is very aging. So I use coconut oil for hair care.
It doesn’t matter if your hair is stick straight, relaxed, curly or afro, anti-aging coconut oil benefits will give you touchable hair that's not dry feeling.
- A good treat for your scalp is a massage before shampooing with about 1 teaspoon (tsp.) of oil. This mild pre-treatment traps scalp debris for shampoo removal but won’t allow the shampoo to strip all of the normal oils.
- If you still use sulfated or detergent shampoos, apply warmed coconut oil to your hair as a pre-treatment to prevent drying. Then add ½ teaspoon (tsp) of coconut oil to your leave-in conditioner or frizz releasing product.
- Here’s a simple hairdressing ritual: Loosely braid your hair with coconut-oiled hands to completely distribute the oil throughout the strands. This works better than just a comb-through. Next, unbraid your tresses and perform final hairstyling.
- Coconut oil won’t clog the pores in your hairline so slick your hair down or back with 1 tsp. of coconut oil plus a spritz of water. You can enhance the texture of your curly or afro hair with 1 tsp. of coconut oil plus 1 tsp. of water.
- To minimize the color of gray strands in salt-and-pepper hair, you can massage 1 tsp. of coconut oil throughout your hair, instead of hair care products with whiteners. Coconut oil is clear at room temperature.
Coconut benefits my hair in a number of ways. Try one or more of these anti-aging tips to get the youthful and timeless look of phenomenal, gorgeous-looking hair that even Mrs. Eastwood will envy you for.
Pat Thomas for COCO MOJO