Thursday, March 13, 2014

Is Coconut A Dog's Best Friend?




My new puppy Ms. JW is such a fluffy white ball of energy.  I wonder if coconut oil can keep help her that way, full of energy with healthy looking hair.  I’ve got to do some research to be sure that coconut products are not harmful to her.

 The breeder gave me the following list of common foods that are poisonous to dogs:

  • Alcohol

  • Avocado

  • Chocolate

  • Coffee, tea

  • Macadamia nuts

  • Onions

  • Potato leaves and stems

  • Raisins and grapes

  • Tomato leaves and stems

This list just goes to show you, just because a food is OK for human consumption that doesn't mean that the same food is OK for dogs.

I was surprised to learn  that garlic, onions and grapes are on the  poison list.  I don’t want to find out the hard way that coconut is not good for puppies and dogs. So my next step will be to do some serious research.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment