|Grate Your Own Coconut or Buy Bagged Coconut|
Here's how to get all the benefits of coconut, fast, in 10 different ways:
- Dip coconut flakes from a bag and sprinkle over your hot or cold cereal as sweetener.
- Use a coconut oil cooking spray instead of soy based cooking sprays for your dishes.
- Quickly stir fry or sauté shrimp or vegetables in coconut oil with a dash of lime juice.
- Cut calories by using coconut whipped cream from canned coconut milk . Whip with a small hand blender and serve over yogurt, ice cream or desserts.
- Gulp a shot glass or two of coconut water from a re-closable container. Refrigerate the leftover to use later.
- Do a warm coconut oil scalp massage before shampooing to eliminate winter itch and flaking scalp skin
- Use coconut oil as a soap-less cleanser in the morning. Wipe the excess off with a warm, wet facial tissue.
- Massage your body with coconut oil before bathing to prevent soap from over-drying your skin. Save time and only massage areas prone to drying like arms and legs.
- Use coconut oil as an overnight hand and lip moisturizer for round-the-clock smoothness throughout the next day.
- Use a caprylic acid, coconut oil derivative, spray product to quickly eliminate dry skin on your feet, elbows or knees year-round.
Pat Thomas for THE COCONUT LOVERS MOJO until next time…