HAIR PRODUCTS WITHOUT PETRO CHEMICALS
- Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade contains coconut oil derivative caprylic/capric triglyceride. This product also contains professionally compounded aromatherapy essential oils.
- Ultra Sheen Ultra Care Oil Rich Serum contains multiple wholistic carrier oils and essential oils. This product almost duplicates a recipe that I used to painstakingly prepare fresh each time I conditioned my hair.
- Dove Nutritive Therapy Antifrizz Serum for hair contains hydrogenated coconut oil and also has sweet almond oil.
HAIR PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN PETRO/MINERAL OIL
- Softee Coconut Oil Hair & Scalp Conditioner (also contains jojoba oil)
- Palmers Coconut Oil Formula Condition & Gloss Spray (also contains vitamin E)
SKIN CARE PRODUCT WITH COCONUT WATER
- Biore Refresh Daily Cleansing Cloths with coconut derivative caprylic/capric glycerides, coconut water plus gardenia extract. Unfortunately, this product also contains parabens and propylene glycol. But it’s great for easily removing eye make-up with a simple wipe or two.
I just ordered Ojon's Rare Blend Oil which is advertised as including Tahitian Monoi Oil in the ingredients along with 6 other tropical oils, some rare. I can't wait to try it for hair care. I already use 100% Tahitian Monoi Oil, the pure coconut oil for skin care.
- Is the coconut oil organic extra virgin? Hydrogenated coconut oil is a second choice.
- Is the coconut water fresh or reconstituted?
- How much coconut product is in the container? The ingredients list is not a reliable indicator.
- Why do I have to use so much product and so often when I can get away with using coconut by the drop weekly?
Insteading of wondering, I just dip out a little pure coconut oil or splash some coconut water to rejuvenate my hair and skin just like women living in tropical latitudes worldwide.