This is sort of relaxing to watch, isn't it?
Thursday, June 27, 2013
Monday, June 24, 2013
Fruit Infuser Recipe
A Coconut Cocktail Of Flavors
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Lemon Water Fruit Infuser Recipe
No More Wasted Fruit – More Flavors To Be Made
The $30 I paid for the fruit infuser will be paid back numerous times. Hopefully, I will be able to reduce wasted fruit and money with my new infuser.
Monday, June 17, 2013
Thursday, June 13, 2013
Monday, June 10, 2013
- Deep cleanse your feet with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil plus 2 drops of squeezed lime juice. Massage the mixture all over your feet.
- Then soak your feet in a footbath that contains a tablespoon of bath salts or baking soda. Do not add soap.
- Remove calluses with a natural pumice rock
- Soak feet again in the footbath
- Rinse feet
- Next, massage each foot with plain coconut oil and a drop of spearmint essential oil (no lime).
- Lastly, spritz your feet with a lightweight moisturizer that contains caprylic/capric triglyceride, a coconut oil derivative. This last important step helps to maintain a natural sheen on your feet’s skin. This ultra moisturizing derivative really helps to prevent dry flaking skin and calluses from forming.
Thursday, June 6, 2013
|Wade Bergner at a Wis. High School (Photo courtesy Fresh Healthy Vending)|
Wade Bergner, a local triathlete made it his mission to supply healthful snacks to Wisconsin school students via the vending machines.
Monday, June 3, 2013
|Happy about something new in the beverage section|
Chicagoland’s Jewel-Osco grocery store company now sells 2 major brands of coconut water in the beverage section. The brands were on shelves in May 2013, down the aisle from bottles of mineral water in my local store.
Previously, Jewel only sold coconut juice in the ethnic section.
|Chicago's Trump Tower reflects a cloudy sky|
Here in Chicago, most days are not sunny, even during the summer. Why that is, especially these last few years, I don’t know. But to maintain an even skin tone, I use sunscreen regardless of the UV level. Most days it’s not high, so I use coconut oil for sunscreen.
Coconut oil is one more weapon in my sun protection arsenal. Coconut oil provides adequate protection for my skin on days with low UV levels.